A delightful spiced apple cider cupcake with a pure maple syrup frosting!
These cupcakes are the perfect Fall treat! I’ve finally started to stray away from baking pumpkin desserts, and it’s been hard. I swear, I have an addiction…
The flavor combination just hits the spot! The apple cider flavor combined with maple flavor is like nothing before! It’s truly like biting into the Fall season. These cupcakes are so different, yet SO easy to make! There’s ONLY 3 ingredients in the cupcake recipe, how could it get any easier than that?! And the frosting recipe will take you just minutes to whip up! So if you’re looking for a quick, yet super tasty cupcake recipe, look no further!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups apple cider
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (you can use my recipe here)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, and apple cider in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Pour into the cupcake liners until about 3/4th full. Bake for 19-24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until fluffy. Turn the speed down to low and add in the maple syrup, maple extract, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar until well combined. Beat on high speed until creamy.
- Fill a pastry bag with the frosting and use the Ateco 846 tip (or any other tip you prefer) and pipe onto each cupcake. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Adapted from Lady Behind The Curtain