A moist, flavorful pumpkin bread with a crumbly and tasty cinnamon streusel topping!
Holy pumpkin bread!! I’ve tried a few different recipes for pumpkin bread, and this one by FAR is the best in my opinion! There are so many beautifully delicious components to this bread, including the Crumbly Cinnamon Streusel Topping! Take a second for that to sink. Crumbly. Cinnamon. Streusel. Topping. Now who could resist that?!
The other really great thing about this recipe is that it’s made with lighter ingredient options, so you don’t feel as guilty when enjoying a slice! Some ingredient substitutions include coconut oil (rather than more butter) and applesauce (rather than even more butter). But hopefully I didn’t cause any trouble by saying that, because I know that when I read in a recipe that something is less guilty, I may end up going crazy! And how could you not when you have this pumpkin bread in front of you?!
ONE more awesome thing about this recipe to tell you about (I promise)! You don’t need an electric mixer, only TWO bowls, which makes it SO easy to clean up while this baby is in the oven! I certainly can’t combine with that!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x5 loaf pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- To make the streusel topping, combine all of the ingredients together with a fork until well combined and crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt with a large mixing spoon. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, melted butter, apple sauce, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients with the mixing spoon just until moist (be sure not to over mix).
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and evenly sprinkle on the streusel topping. Use your fingertips to gently press the crumbs into the batter.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert the bread onto a wire rack to finish cooling completely. Dust on some powdered sugar, if desired. Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Enjoy!
Adapted from Damn Delicious