Calling all chocolate lovers! This Double Chocolate Banana Bread is to DIE for! It’s so rich and chocolatey with the great taste of bananas! Oddly enough, chocolate and bananas actually go extremely well together. Even I was skeptical at first, but after making this amazing recipe, I now know! Try it for yourself!
- 3 medium large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- milk chocolate chips, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl. Whisk in the melted butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Sift in the baking soda, salt, flour, and cocoa powder and stir mixture with a wooden spoon just until incorporated. Then gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and evenly sprinkle the chocolate chips. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep bread wrapped tightly at room temperature for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
Adapted from Smitten Kitchen