These homemade BBQ Potato Chips have so much flavor that you’ll never want to go back to store-bought!
So, the Mumford & Sons concert last weekend was AMAZING. I’ve never been a huge party person, but drinking margaritas on the boardwalk, and jumping up and down while cheering for one of your favorite bands is simply priceless.
Check out some of my pics..
Sippin’ on my frozen strawberry margarita.
Hanging out on the beach (I LOVED how the actual concert was on the beach – so fun!)
Now, I should explain. But honestly, it would be better if you just looked up the band, The Flaming Lips. They were AMAZING. And yes, in the picture on the left, that’s the lead singer crowd surfing in a giant inflatable hamster ball in the audience.
Last but not least, Mumford & Sons. We got an AWESOME view of the stage, so I couldn’t be happier! Overall, the music, the stage lighting, and all the energy from the performers just made this concert one to remember!!
Now back to these awesome barbecue chips. I’ve never been a huge potato chip fan, unless they are BBQ potato chips! And I’m just in love with these homemade chips! They’re so fresh and crispy, and the flavoring is like none other. Definitely a must-try for potato chip lovers!
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- canola oil, for frying
- 2-3 large russet potatoes, sliced very thin
- In a small bowl, mix together all the seasonings until well combined. Set aside.
- Fill a large skillet with canola oil until 1 1/2” deep and heat up to 350 degrees F. Once at the proper temperature, fry up the potato slices in batches until golden and crispy, turning them over once. Carefully remove the potato slices from the hot oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- After a minute of them cooling down slightly, place in a medium-sized bowl. Sprinkle in some of the seasoning mixture and toss carefully until each chip is covered completely. Repeat with remaining potato slices.
- Store potato chips in an airtight container or bag for about 5-7 days. Enjoy!
All images & content are copyright protected by Bake with Christina. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.