There is nothing better than a fudgy and moist chocolately brownie! With this brownie recipe, not only are the brownies themselves very soft and fudgy, but the chocolate ganache on top of the brownies is just out-of-this-world CRAZY delicious! It really bumps it up that extra notch and makes it worth baking! And on top of that, the recipe is SUPER easy to follow! Definitely one of my new fav brownies.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, and let it hang over two sides.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan on low until melted. Add in the chocolate and stir constantly until the consistency is smooth. Remove the pan from heat and stir in both sugars until well combined. Set aside and allow to slightly cool (about 5-10 minutes).
- After the mixture is slightly cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla until fully combined. Pour batter into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a greased spatula.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake as they may look undercooked, but they are not. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips in the medium bowl. Bring the heavy cream to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil, pour it over the chocolate (don’t stir) and add in the salt. Let stand for 10 minutes without stirring. After 10 minutes, whisk the mixture until smooth and shiny. Let cool for at least 3-5 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes.
- Pouring the ganache on the cooled brownies. Cut into 9 squares and serve! Can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Adapted from Brunch Time Baker