Super fun and easy Funfetti Sugar Cookies that are soft and oh-so delicious!
Wow, I can’t believe July is almost over! It seems just like yesterday that it was finals week. Time, you need to slow down!
So this past weekend, my mother and I took a little mini road trip to this tiny town in Connecticut called Chester. My aunt and her family have this BEAUTIFUL house in a desolate, woodsy area that we love visiting at least once a year. There rustic house is just one of a kind with these gorgeous wood ceilings, and they have a HUGE backyard with no surrounding neighbors! It’s like a mini getaway!
And then of course I get to spend time with my loving family, doesn’t get much better than that!
So how FUN are these funfetti cookies?! I mean, “fun” is right in the word!
These cookies are the epitome of soft cookies, as they have such a luscious texture to them! Plus, they are SUPER duper easy to make. Simply make the dough, refrigerate it, then bake it! And that’s the way baking should be 😉
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, plus more for top
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes.) Scrape down the sides of the bowl. One at a time, beat in the eggs until well-combined. Add in the vanilla extract. With mixer running, slowly add in dry ingredients and mix just until combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the sprinkles until throughly combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 during the last 10 minutes of refrigeration.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out dough about 2 tablespoons big, roll into a ball, flatten down slightly using the palms of your hands, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Place cookies 2 inches apart from each other. Sprinkle on some more sprinkles on the cookie tops, if desired.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
All images & content are copyright protected by Bake with Christina. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.