Want a delicious lemon treat? This is definitely one way to go! My Lemon-Limoncello Cupcakes may do the trick too 😉 I added in a 1/2 tsp of lemon extract to the recipe to give it an added edge to the flavor, and it definitely works! Just note that if you don’t have lemon extract, it’s not needed to make this recipe work, but it sure gives it an extra boost, so I would highly recommend picking some up at the grocery store!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 3.5 oz lemon pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well combined (about 2 minutes, batter will be thick).
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes, then remove muffin to a cooling rack.
- While the muffins cool, prepare the glaze. Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Add in the lemon juice, zest, oil, and water and mix with a spoon until smooth. If glaze is too thick, add in another 1 Tbsp of water at a time until consistency is thin.
- While the muffins are still warm, dunk each muffin into the glaze until it’s coated all around the top and return to cooling rack.
- Let set for 1-2 hours. Store leftovers in airtight container in either room temperature or the fridge, either is fine.
Adapted from Food Network