When some people see “healthy” in a dessert title, they might get scared. You should definitely not be scared of this recipe because I think it’s better than the normal non-healthy recipes! There’s no added sugar in this recipe, yet it’s still sweet tasting from the natural ingredients, such as, the dates, the honey, and the fruit topping! So if you’ve been “scared” to try a healthy dessert recipe, you definitely should start with this one!
- 15 medjool dates, pits removed and cut up
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pecans, chopped finely
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoons chia or flax seeds
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 8 ounces Neufchatel (reduced fat cream cheese), softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- fruit of your choice for the toppings
- Beat the cut up dates, almond butter, vanilla, salt, and chopped pecans with an electric mixer on low speed, and gradually increase the speed to medium. Mix until the mixture is smooth and sticky like a dough, and add in the almond meal and chia or flax seeds until well combined.
- Press the dough into muffin tins (should make about 12) and freeze for 1-2 hours so they can hold their shape.
- While the crust is freezing, make the filling. Heat the coconut milk until it’s at a slight boil, then remove from heat and set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, beat the coconut milk, Neufchatel, and honey with an electric mixer on low speed, and gradually increase the speed to medium-high until smooth. Cut up the fruit of your choice, if desired.
- Remove the crusts from the muffin tin and fill with a couple spoonfuls of the filling and top with the fruit. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Adapted from Pinch of Yum
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest!