Deliciously gooey Homemade Mini Twix Bars that take’s ONLY five ingredients to make!
Guess who’s been feeling a bit under-the-weather? It started snowing in Western NY a few days ago, and ever since my allergies have been going crazy! But it’s only four more days until I go home for Thanksgiving break! Hopefully this stuffy nose goes away soon so I can fully enjoy my break!
So who else is a Twix lover? If so, you’ll absolutely LOVE these copycat Twix bars! They’re so easy to put together, with ONLY five ingredients to make something so tasty! The bottom layer is graham cracker, then a thick layer of caramel melted with milk, finally chocolate with some shortening (to make the chocolate more thin) engulfs the whole thing!
It does take some time, mainly because it’ll take time for the caramel and chocolate to set up, but beyond that, it barely takes any labor time to put these together. I actually made these 3 times over the course of 2 days so I could perfect them, and I didn’t have to “bend over backwards” to do so!
- 9 sheets graham crackers
- 40 caramels (I used Kraft Caramels)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons shortening
- Break the graham crackers in half, the short way. Then break them in half, the long way. Place the pieces of graham crackers evenly on a wire rack with a paper towel underneath.
- Melt the caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and continue to heat in 30 second increments until fully melted.
- Spoon about 1/2-1 teaspoon of the melted caramel onto each graham cracker piece, spreading to the edges to make sure everything is being covered. It’s okay if the caramel drips off the edges, the paper towel will from a huge mess. Let the caramel set up for at least an hour.
- Once the caramel has set up, melt the milk chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of shortening in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted and smooth. If the chocolate is too thick still, add in another tablespoon of shortening and microwave for about 15 seconds until melted in.
- Dunk each bar into the melted chocolate, making sure to cover the whole thing. Place back onto the wire rack and let the chocolate set up for at least an hour. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour, or until the chocolate has completely set up.
- Store in a sealed container at room temperature. Enjoy!
Adapted from Back for Seconds