This recipe for Italian Seasoned Chicken Drumsticks is great for an easy and delicious dinner! Not much effort is needed in order to get delicious, crispy drumsticks with such a HUGE flavor. Simply fry the drumsticks lightly in olive oil, then add italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to season for a mouth-watering taste! Don’t be afraid to douse the seasonings on the chicken, as it will get you even more flavor!
I recommend using a cast iron skillet for this recipe, as it’ll get that perfect, crispy texture that’s desired. Here’s the one I used.
Also, italian seasoning is sold at a majority of national grocery stores. I recommend using McCormick because it’s a brand I trust.
- Olive oil, for the pan
- Approximately 2.75 lbs Chicken Drumsticks
- Italian seasoning
- Pour olive oil into a 12" cast iron skillet until it's about 1/4 up the sides of the pan, and put over medium heat. Sprinkle a small amount of the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper into the oil.
- After about five minutes of letting the oil heat up, start placing the drumsticks (carefully!) into the skillet. Just note that the oil in the pan is VERY hot, so I would suggest using a long pair of tongs and covering the skillet with a splatter screen when not in use.
- Once all of the chicken is in the skillet, pour some more of the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to season. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cook the chicken for an hour, but flip the drumsticks using the long pair of tongs every 7-10 minutes (you don't want the chicken staying on one side for too long, or it will start sticking to the skillet).
- Once the chicken skin is slightly golden and crispy, it is ready to serve!
All images & content are copyright protected by Bake with Christina. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.