Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins have to be one of my favorite muffins! They have such a great lemony taste to them, yet are not too heavy of a treat. These muffins that are made with fresh lemon juice and lemon zest are sure to be one of your favorites too!
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Spray a 12-ct muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the sugar and lemon zest on medium until the sugar is moist. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and melted butter until combined. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk on medium until well blended (about 1 minute). Using a rubber spatula, stir in the poppy seeds. Pour batter evenly into the muffin pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins are golden. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
Adapted from Baking: From My Home to Yours
If you’re a fan of Lemon Treats, check out these other recipes: