A decadent soft pumpkin cookie with a creamy cheesecake filling that only takes FIVE ingredients to make!
No, pumpkin season is not over yet. Yes, I have plenty more pumpkin recipes to share with you! Which includes these delicious Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! And the best part? There are ONLY five ingredients in this recipe to make these!
That’s right, ONLY five ingredients! How much easier could it get? And yet they taste and look like it was much more difficult to make these whoopie pies! Yet it’s just three ingredients for the cookies, and only two ingredients for the filling! You’ll definitely want to check out this delicious and EASY recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 15 oz can pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package Jello Instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, and oil until fully combined and smooth. Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls and place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet (the dough does not spread all that much, but still try not to overcrowd baking sheet). Bake for 14 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies "spring" back when you touch them. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the instant pudding mix and heavy whipping cream until stiff.
- Pipe onto the bottom of half the cookies using any tip you desire (I used Ateco Pastry Tip 808) and place an unfrosted cookie on top making little cookie sandwiches. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Adapted from Your Cup of Cake