Decadent dark chocolate cookies filled with gooey caramel and topped with sea salt!
So how was everyones weekend? Mine was pretty good! I went out to eat with my boyfriend and spent some quality time with the fam. I’m just trying to enjoy every last second before the new semester starts in just over ONE week! I couldn’t wait for break to start, and now I don’t want it to end!
Also, I made cookies. REALLY good cookies. Stuffed with a piece a caramel. And chocolate chips. Topped with sea salt. SO. GOOD.
And by good, I mean that these are probably one of the best tasting cookies I’ve made EVER. With so many different flavor components, you’ll have a mouth full of heaven!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra for top of each cookie
- 16-18 soft caramels (I used Brach’s)
- coarse sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until well combined. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter on medium until creamy. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Add in the white and brown sugars until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in the egg, egg yolk, heavy cream, oil, and vanilla until fully combined.
- One spoon full at a time, slowly add in the bowl of dry ingredients, making sure that everything is combined together. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips. Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Once the dough has been chilled for at least 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take two 1 tablespoon-sized balls of dough, place a caramel on top of one of the balls of dough, and top with the other ball of dough. Gently press the balls of dough together and form into one big ball, making sure that the caramel is securely in the middle. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on each cookie, then evenly place three extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, then let cool slightly on the baking sheet for abut 3 minutes. Transfer cookies onto a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.
- For a gooey inside, microwave on a paper towel/microwavable plate for 10-15 seconds and enjoy!
All images & content are copyright protected by Bake with Christina. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.