There are just never enough brownie recipes! It’s actually amazing how many different flavors of brownies that have been thought of. I personally am not that great at recipe developing. It’s a very difficult task to overcome when you spend endless hours of thinking up new recipes, such as cupcakes, just to have then come out of the oven and cave in and stick to the liners (it’s happened to me plenty of times).But that’s when you decide to never give up and just keep trying until you reach that perfect cupcake (or any dessert for that matter)! I’m definitely working myself up there and working hard in the process!
So who else’s go-to candy bar is Peanut Butter Cups?! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate together is like nothing else! And with these Swirled Peanut Butter Cup Brownies, you’ll get that creamy texture of peanut butter, along with fudgy, chocolatey brownies and melted milk chocolate!
- 1 packaged brownie mix (I used the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate mix)
- Ingredients called for on the brownie mix
- 12 Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 and 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to directions on the package. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 17-18 minutes, and then remove.
- Place the unwrapped peanut butter cups on evenly the under baked brownies and push them down slightly. Bake for another 6-7 minutes. Set aside and allow to slightly cool.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons of the shortening in bursts of 30 seconds in a microwavable bowl, stirring between each burst. Using a butter knife, smooth the melted chocolate over the brownies evenly. In another microwavable bowl, combine the peanut butter and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon shortening and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the melted peanut butter over the chocolate. Using a butter knife, mix together the chocolate and peanut butter to get a somewhat marbled-like texture.
- Let cool and harden completely before cutting into 12 brownies. Enjoy!
Adapted from Center Cut Cook